When designing this toolkit certain standard assumptions were made. These same assumptions were made when translating the assessment results into the final findings and recommendations.
The key assumptions are:
- The individuals completing the questionnaires were relatively familiar with the areas covered and thus the questions are as complete and accurate as possible.
- There is some interest in identifying and resolving any readiness gaps.
- The government is already using computerized systems.
- The country already has a basic Internet infrastructure.
- The country has a full-time IT team.